A nationwide Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) network is a system of base stations that are strategically located across a country to provide RTK correction signals to rover receivers. These correction signals enable rover receivers to accurately determine their positions in real-time. In contrast, on-site RTK antennas require the installation of a base station and a rover receiver on a specific site.
Here are some reasons why a nationwide RTK network is better than deploying on-site RTK antennas:
- Greater coverage: A nationwide RTK network provides coverage across a country, making it easier for users to access RTK corrections wherever they are. In contrast, on-site RTK antennas are limited to a specific location, and users have to be within range of the base station to receive RTK corrections.
- Reduced set-up time: Setting up an on-site RTK antenna requires the installation of a base station, which can take time and resources. In contrast, users can access a nationwide RTK network without the need for any installation, reducing set-up time and increasing efficiency.
- Cost-effective: The cost of setting up an on-site RTK antenna can be high, especially for small-scale projects. A nationwide RTK network allows users to access RTK corrections without having to invest in expensive equipment.
- Increased accuracy: A nationwide RTK network provides more accurate RTK corrections because the base stations are located in known positions that have been precisely surveyed. In contrast, on-site RTK antennas can be subject to signal interference and environmental factors that can affect accuracy.
- Improved reliability: A nationwide RTK network provides a more reliable signal because it is not affected by local signal interference or obstructions. In contrast, on-site RTK antennas can be affected by signal interference from nearby equipment or environmental factors such as trees or buildings.
Overall, a nationwide RTK network offers a more efficient, cost-effective, and accurate solution for accessing RTK corrections compared to deploying on-site RTK antennas.